Friday, January 24, 2014

Art Journal Page Swap

Some friends and I decided to do an Art Journal Page Swap a long time ago. lol. We specified a theme if we wanted one, the size page we wanted, and let it rip. After we received each other's pages, we bound the pages in a book...however we wished to. 
My theme: Blue Flowers
Here's the cover I made out of substrate, joined with Tyvek material (ok, an old mailing envelope), and an Idea-ology binder.  The front piece I made a LONG time ago, back when Maya Road chipboard was in heavy use around the studio. It was languishing in a box forever, but I remembered it had a blue flower...so...there you go.


The pages I created for my friends:

Next couple are a little freaky..but if you know me, well....

Back to somewhat normal:

And the pages sent to me, in the book! Wow!


Cool, huh?
Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow fantastic, I love all the layers of ink and imagery. Fantastic piece of art. Hope you are well. Tracy x

Helen said...

Fantastic, your pages you created are amazing - really love the blue/green ones! but so are the pages you received, too. What a great idea. (will try and write something you can stalk, soon!! thank you. )

wendy vecchi said...

holy freakin cow!
and I thought you were sitting on the couch eating Bon bons!
not only did you make great art...
you received some too!
how fun!

Debby said...

Are you saying I am a freak? Just kidding! I know my taste in art runs to the weird side. Love how you put everything together. Your covers are gorgeous!

Netty said...

Loving all the wonderful pages Lori, thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend, hugs Annette x

Wanda H said...

This is fabulous, Lori!!!!!!!!!!! I love seeing all the different pages we didn't actually get to put our hands on!!

Alison said...

Wow! This is such a cool swap Lori, so much fabulous art! x

Electra said...

I am SO happy to see you girlfriend!
I don't post any descriptions anymore, I just post what I've made and try to visit others doing he same. You have made my day to be here!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Amazing pages both sent and received

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great journal! Love that cover, too. Thanks for showing all the pages!

Anita Houston said...

What a gorgeous journal cover, and the pages are wonderful...fun and bright! Cool swap!

Electra said...

Wow! That's all I can say!!