Saturday, August 3, 2013

I'm Sarcastic, What's Your Superpower?

LOL, sorry to say, I didn't come up with that...it's a stamp from Riley and Company, the Funny Bones line. Love them!
Recently, I was in a tag swap, and here are the tags I made using the Funny Bones stamps, along with a plethora of cool crafting supplies, including an old catalog (courtesy of my friend Sarah)...




And my personal favorite, well, ok, it's between the one above and this next one...

The one below wasn't for a swap, but since it follows the theme, thought I would show you...

The background looked like this prior to add everything...
 The flowers are Studio 490 silver embossing paste through a stencil.  You can't really see it here, but the paste really picked up the background color in some spots.
Are these not hysterical?? I laugh every time I read them. The backgrounds started with various colors of distress paint, then stencils, more paint, markers, and the silver circles on the guy tags are Studio 490 silver embossing paste, which I then doodled on with white and black marker.  I think these stamps would make a great little mini book....note to self.  Too funny!
Thanks for stopping by...any questions, please ask!

17 comments:

SusanK said...

TOO FUNNY!!!! Love the layouts, colors, the people...all just perfect!

Nancy said...

These are all great! I do believe the superpower stamp was made just for you ... lol

Sarah said...

Haaaaa!!! Lori, these are so you! I love them!!!

Eileen Bellomo said...

They are all great, and you know I'm in love with Wendy's embossing pastes.
And, thanks to your other superpower....enabling....I was able to take advantage of JoAnn's sale and get a bunch of those stamps at 1/2 price.
You know...."I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
LOL!

Netty said...

LOL, ooh I do love your tags Lori, especially the quotes.............great swops and will certainly bring a big grin to whoever swops with you, hugs Annette x

Marjie Kemper said...

These are hilarious! Love those flowers, too. Bet your swap mates are thrilled!

Halle said...

I'm in love with those stamps!! Awesome tags. Love what you did with the backgrounds and vintage images.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Funny and cute....love your style GF!

Debby said...

You know I love all of those sayings right? Did you get them unmounted? Might have to invest in those. Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Terrific job and nice use of the Funnybones! Tanya K - owner/Riley & Co.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Love all of 'em. Especially the dog one:)

Alison said...

Great quotes, & the tags are all fab! I love the one about moody women...so true! x

Anita Houston said...

These are rocking awesome!!!! FUNNY and ARTSY and just AMAZING! I love each one!!!

Candy C said...

Oh my Lord! I need these sentiments! Haven't we ALL thought them but never made STAMPS out of them! These are fantastic! Your tags are also so cool...each one so perfect for the sentiment! I love your sense of humor, Lori. It's right up my alley!! <3 Candy

2amscrapper said...

yup, right up your alley. And you know I've got to get those stamps too. Where do I find them? Love all the tags and the great backgrounds.

Bella said...

laughed out loud! right up my alley :P

Bärbel said...

Wow, die Tags sind großartig, Motive und die schönen Hintergründe passen perfekt zusammen und ergeben ein wunderbar harmonisches Gesamtbild.