Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Always LIVE Authentic...

Hello Blogees...

If I'm the Blogger, then you're the Blogees....

I wanted to create something as an encouragement for a friend...so...this is what I came up with!  Initially I was going to go with a 4 x 4 canvas, or chunky ATC, but the idea became bigger than those two objects would afford space wise, so it ended up being a "picture"...about 5 x 7. Inches. 

Here we go:

 The background is Studio 490 Embossing Paste, stamped while wet with the honeycomb background stamp, then I sprayed with colorwash in stream, butterscotch, and possibly another color...lol..

Closeup of the flower, which I will explain after you see the closeup...

 The blue scrolly piece behind the flower is grungeboard, inked with Broken China distress stain, reinked with distress INK, then sprayed liberally with Perfect Pearls Turquoise....it's more shimmery in real life.
The flowers were made using Clearly for Art with text paper adhered to it, a liberal coat of black embossing paste with gold mixed in, and some turquoise perfect pearls powder sprinkled on in places. Then, I cut them out using the Tattered Florals die, and heated them to shape.
The gold flowers were done the same way, only with just gold embossing paste, and black for the center of the flower.  I find that using brads is the best way to hold all the flower layers together, so I put some gold embossing paste on a brad, heated it till it got puffy, and smooshed it with my finger after it had cooled a bit, to give that wrinkly texture.
The word "always" and "authentic" were done with Studio 490 stencil and black embossing paste, and the word "live" are Maya Road letters, run thru an embossing folder and highlighted with a gold marker. I also used a black Sharpie on the edge of the letters to give some shadow and definition.
And...I wanted a frame, so I made one out of some scallop trim I found at Michael's... I painted it black and highlighted with some gold paint.
There's a lot of texture going on here, so I kept it rather simple, as in, not a lot of embellishments, I thought it would get too busy.
That's a lot to read, so, hope you're still with me!  Thanks so much for stopping by, if you have any questions, please ask!
Go Be Creative!
Lori

17 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Lori, wonderful texture and colours and your flower is stunning. Tracy x

Helen said...

Lori, that is so beautiful!! The flowers are just gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Really cool technique for your flowers, especially that smooshed center!

Ally White Cat said...

This is beautiful! I love the broken china sprayed with turquoise..beautiful. The flowers are awesome..wonderful art!
susan s

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous texture, lovely piece xx

Alexandra said...

This is beautiful. I love the texture in your flowers, very cool technique and fab background. The colour combo is gorgeous too, Alexandra x.

Netty said...

Terrific texture and design Lori. Am sure this will cheer your friend up wonderfully. Hugs Annette x

Nancy said...

Lori, it's wonderful - absolutely wonderful!!!!! Love all of the textures - all of it!

inkypinkycraft said...

Fll of texture , love the flower and need that paste! Trace x

Eileen Bellomo said...

I love everything about it; the texture is just amazing. Lucky friend! :)

Wanda H said...

Totally awesome, Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the texture and flowers and words - Everything!!!!

Halle said...

Wonderful texture and dimension. Great piece!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

That's gorgeous, Lori! I love how you mixed the stenciled words with the chipboard letter and your fantastic texture with the paste!

Debby said...

This is really beautiful. I am going to steal your idea of holding flower layers together with a brad. Duh why didn't I think of that? You did an awesome job!

Anita Houston said...

Love love love this! Mixing the pastes is a cool idea, and stamping into them...love it! The background is fabulous, as is the flower...awesome technique! The wording is fabulous as well!

Nan G said...

So cool! Great use of the pastes and perfect pearls! Food for thought to put in my someday try it cubbie of my brain. :D

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Fabulous piece GF! Love all the texture. Grrrreat flowers.