Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Art Journaling, Studio 490 Style...RECAP

Yes, you may have already seen some of these pics on Facebook, but I thought I would post to the blog officially. Ahem, 'cause we all know how official I am. When I remember. Snort.

So, yeah, this past weekend I was fortunate enough, once again, to take a class with Ms. Vecchi of Studio 490 fame at a "local" scrapbook store.  The class ran from 9:30 to 5:30, and let me tell you, you needed every minute of it..not a lot of time for chit chat, and I barely squeezed in a potty break. lol.

Now that you're totally disgusted, let's get on with the pics.  We used a lot of Art Parts for the construction of the cover.  Here we go:





Outside of the covers..oops, forgot to take a pic of the inside of the covers...
 Here's some of the pages:


 Learned some cool new techniques, used the Studio 490 stencils that had been released at summer CHA, and had a lot of fun! Ok, when I get some more pages completed, I'll show the inside of the covers too!

21 comments:

Michael said...

Fantastic art as always! You do beautiful work.

CuddlyBunny said...

Oui! LOVE these! You've got a gorgeous book thus far!

Nancy said...

Love 'em!!! I'm glad you had such a great class!

SusanK said...

Maybe I won't share my pages but just refer people to your post instead. lol Great pages, so glad we could spend time together - even if there was no time for idle fingers.

Sarah said...

You get to take such fun classes! Wendy is so good at teaching techniques and your work looks like you were a good student.

Helen said...

Lucky you!! Gorgeous work, Lori I love it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I want one! Lucy B

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous pages, Lori, and I just love that cover with the pocket. Love your stamping, as always!

Netty said...

Beautiful pages Lori with fab designs. xx

Candy C said...

Lori...you simply ROCK Wendy's products! It's like you are some sort of soul mate with her stuff or something! I love your art journal. The cover is amazing and all of the inside pages a filled with cool techniques, stamping and wonderful designs! <3 Candy

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh these are just glorious Lori! What fun to spend all day with Miss Wendy herself!!! So jealous!

isisimaginings.com said...

Wow, gorgeous pages!!!

Wanda H said...

What fun!!!!! And your pages are fabulous!!!!

Anita Houston said...

Fabulous Lori!!! You are so lucky to take this class, and live where the good action is! I love the cover!!!

Electra said...

Ack. I'm so jealous! And not disgusted at all, these are wonderful!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

This looks like a great album....and right up your alley! Gorgeous!

trisha too said...

Wonderful album, Lori! Sounds like it was a great class!

:)trisha

Gillian .... said...

Hey Lori, jealous no not one bit lol, love how your project turned out, the pages look awesome girl. x

Candy C said...

Hey Lori. You're so sweet to leave such a nice comment on my blog about the Christmas heart box. Thanks so much! Can you believe it's almost CHRISTMAS time again!?!? Shopping...here I come. :) <3 Candy

trisha too said...

Lori! Where have you been? Just too busy lately to blog?

Thank you for your comment on the atc--that is one of my favorite Christmas hymns, too!

:)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Lori, this piece is gorgeous, wonderful dimension, colours and stencilled images. Perfect. Tracy x