Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grungy Monday!

...holy crap, can you believe it? I'm posting in the middle of the week....
I know, me neither.
So, I can't even remember what Grungy Monday we're on, to be honest. I guess if you came from there, you will know. If not, click HERE to go there. Ok, I did in order to do the link, and it's number 5. lol.
The challenge...a new dimension, is taken from a technique challenge on Tim's blog HERE
It also happens that the Everything Wendy Vecchi Making Art! Challenge #11 is to use a ticket, and as luck would have it, my brain cooperated in order that I might combine the two.  That's becoming more of a rarity these days. Trust  me. Please don't tell me it gets worse, I don't want to hear it.

I decided to go with a travel theme, one of my favorite themes to work with...'cause.....I like to travel. And I don't do it much right now. lol


So, I used an old map for the background...duh......the key and the little state of Illinois came from my friend Nancy, who has the coolest stuff to use for assemblage and collage. And a fellow thrift store junkie. lol.
The big ticket is one of my favorite Wendy stamps, as is the car, which is on one of the NEW Art Parts, woohoo... and the belt and the sentiment in the upper right.
And I'm sure you recognize the compass as being a salvage sticker, mounted on grungeboard.
My niches were a little messy, guess I need a sharper craft knife. Thankfully the paper covered up most of it.
So, now that I have this done, I'm wondering what to do with it. It's about 5 x 7, so I guess I could put it in a frame.  Dunno. 
Ok, so then...I forgot to post my Making Art! Challenge piece from the previous week.  The theme was stitching around the edges AND use a butterfly from PATTERNED PAPER.  So, I used some Webster's Pages paper, which had a beautiful butterfly on it. A little sentiment and some lace, and ...ta da......


Guess that's all I have for right now.  Thanks for sticking with me, even though I haven't been around much.  I'll have to try harder, that's all! 
Now....let's GO BE CREATIVE!

26 comments:

Rachelle said...

Both pieces are wonderful! I love your travel inspired dimension project.

Electra said...

OK, I visited your buddy Nancy and she is SO COOL!! Oh yeah, and so are these two pieces. Way cool.

Candy C said...

Hey Lori.
I love your Grungy Monday piece! Really cool with the map as the background, the jalopy and the key as your dimensional piece of art. Very neat!
<3 Candy

CuddlyBunny said...

Wow! Lori these are fantastic!

I love the Grungy Monday piece: The theme is perfection because of your insightful layout and design!

And the Making Art! challenge piece is wonderfully Springlike and soft with lots of dreamy layers!

Beautiful!

And, all of us would stick around as long as you ever need!

Nancy said...

Love both of these!! The butterfly piece has beautiful colors! And your niche - I'm there with you - love to travel!

Marjie K said...

Both of them are beauties! So many layers on your GM piece... fantastic!

Marjie K said...

Both of them are beauties! So many layers on your GM piece... fantastic!

SusanK said...

They're both really cool!

2amscrapper said...

lovin' both of these Lori! Hoping I get to play with some challenges this week!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Two really great pieces. I love travel art too and I think that embedded technique is really cool. Great piece - I especially like the tag.

And your piece for the Making Art challenge is fabulous! I really love the rustic feel to it coupled with the lace and stitching - really wonderful!

Alison said...

Your GM travel piece is perfect Lori, love all the elements on it! And your MA piece is beautiful! x

Helen said...

Just love your Grungy Monday piece, it's amazing.

flutterbycrafter said...

Both pieces are amazing, love your stitching and using the lace.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great travel theme piece for Grungy Monday, love the use of the map and all the bits and pieces. Your butterfly piece is lovely, gorgeous muted colours. Tracy x

Tammy D said...

They are both great but I really love the travel one. Seems like we aren't travel much either.

Plume said...

WOW! What a grungy and beautifully distressed traval piece! I love it a lot! The rusted key, the maps, the compass...hum beautiful!

Kathy Eddy said...

Great job on both of them Lori and I just love the Grungy Monday one!

Ms_Dee said...

Your Grungy Monday project is gorgeous ...TFS...I am now a follower of your Blog....

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Both pieces are spectacular and I especially love the butterflies. I haven't been around much lately either but hopefully that's fixed now! Thanks for your well wishes on my anniversary. Hope you're well!!

Jane said...

Your travel piece is great. I love all the elements and how you put them together.

MarleneMAZ said...

I love your travel themed piece! I think I have that stamp set with the ticket, I need to dig it out. Great job using the map as a background.
Your other card is very pretty too!

sasa said...

Hi Lori,

Glad to be calling by at last. Just done mine... Love your piece and the layering and curling edges. So many colours and textures to look at - lurve that tag...

Sarah

Netty said...

So sorry am so late getting to you Lori, its been one of those mad mad weeks, but am so proud of myself as have at last learn't how to schedule on my blog.........its only taken me 9 months to learn....lol
Loving your travel piece and your beautiful Spring piece with the butterflies, fabulous work Lori. Take care and have a great weekend, Annette x

Wanda H said...

Lori, they are both wonderful!!!!

JeanFB said...

What gorgeous pieces! I love the collection of fab grungy "stuff" in your travel piece - it's so much fun, I kept seeing more and more neat details the longer I looked. And I am waaaay impressed that you actually cut into said patterned paper and extracted the butterfly, LOL! Wonderful work all around. And I know what you mean about going AWOL from your blog.... every time I think I'm back on track, a week goes by..... Have a great week!

ScrappyPam said...

I love the lace around the second ATC - nice! Beautiful pieces, both of them.